Type of partner: FARM
Diego Trevisan Farm
Via Zaganili, 31/A – Piombino Dese (PD)
Cell. +39 347 9635260
Reference person: Diego Trevisan
After working on his family’s animal husbandry farm, in 1998 Diego Trevisan started his own business, specialising in the creation and maintenance of parks, gardens and green areas. In 2015 he began investing in new farming sectors, dedicating several hectares of land to giant bamboo, hazelnuts and hop plants.
The company has always embraced all the latest market trends and is in continuous growth also thanks to skills acquired during training courses, also attended by family members, in order to interact with small local producers and develop as an agritourism and educational farm.
The farm first entered the world of moriculture and sericulture in 2014 and in 2016 it participated in training courses held by CREA, Padua, before committing to the production of cocoons in compliance with technical specifications and traceability methodologies of the 100% Italian silk production chain.
Together with other silkworm farmers, in 2017 it contributed towards founding the Network of Agricultural Companies “Bachicoltura Setica” (Fair sericulture).
ROLE IN THE PROJECT
- Moriculture and sericulture demonstrative activities:
– silkworm rearing;
– mulberry cultivation;
– planting of a mulberry field for mechanised harvesting experimentation;
– use of machine for the removal of cocoons from mountings and cocoon deflossing.
- Investments in equipment to improve the company.
- Interaction with other partners for economic analysis and production chain traceability.
- Participation in awareness-raising and entertainment activities in the local area.